AAP – Health Department
To improve health and nutrition status of children and mothers by rapidly expanding and enhancing coverage of intervention in all districts of Sindh, both through facility and community action plan.
To work with other sectors like agriculture, livestock & fisheries, Wash / sanitation, education etc. Overall objective of these program are food security and wellbeing of its citizens.
To reduce stunting rate from 48% to 43% in first five years by 2021 under SERRP of AAP in Sindh by increasing ‘and expanding coverage of health interventions, that are known to reduce stunting in first five years of children’s lives.
- Reduced proportion of children with SAM in less than 5 years of age.
- Increased percentage of infants 0 to 6 months who are exclusively breastfed.
- Increase percentage of children 6 to 24 months receiving an acceptable minimum diet
- Increased percentage of Pregnant & lactating Women receiving iron & folic acid Supplementation.
- SBA enabled to recognize at least 04 early danger signs for premature and under weight babies to prevent the stunting.
Health Sector of AAP conducts the following activities:
- Service Delivery Arrangements in Districts.
- Provision of Nutrient Supplementation.
- Gaps in PC-I Nutrition Support Program Sindh.
- Behaviour Change Communication.
- Pay for Performance of CMWs.
- Procurement and Distribution of Chlorohexidine
- Supporting the Safe Delivery in Community
- Parental Iron for control of Anaemia
- Capacity Building Trainings
- Operational Activities Including HR
- Dr. Sahibjan Badar
- Program Coordinator
- 021-35168103-4 / 0333 2146464